PDA

View Full Version : Greater crested terns

Uday Kiran
08-11-2016, 09:45 PM
I was thrilled to see the group of may be 50-60s of terns at one time.

Exif:

Aperture: 5.6f
Shutter Speed: 1/1600s
ISO:640
Focal length: 400mm
exp comp: -1/3 ev
WB: 6000K
Aperture priority. Hand held.

Mrudul Godbole
09-11-2016, 04:22 PM
Lovely flight pose captured. The catch in the beak adds to the composition. Its good you could also get the terns in the water. Where was this photographed? Thanks for sharing.

Dheerendra Singh
10-11-2016, 08:05 AM
Wow !superb shot.

Uday Kiran
10-11-2016, 06:18 PM
Thank you Dharmendra.

Thank you Mrudul. This was taken at Kundapura beach 2 weeks back. I just saw the bird flying at the last moment and it came in the center. Do you think if the tern was on the right side of the frame would have been better?

Uday Kiran

Sabyasachi Patra
10-11-2016, 06:53 PM
Uday,
You are right. Which camera were you using? Were you using central autofocus point to focus? Normally when you sight a bird flying towards you, start tracking. The cross type auto-focus points are more effective. Earlier only the centre had the cross type autofocus point, so mostly people used to acquire focus through the central point. Even if you have acquired focus through the central AF point allow the peripheral points to pick up focus and then click when you see the composition is right. Remember there is a narrow area infront of you when the eye contact is right.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Uday Kiran
10-11-2016, 08:22 PM
Thank you very much Sir for the feedback :-)

I use 7d mark ii, and was using the single auto-focus point keeping at the center. Sure, will keep in mind regarding the zone auto-focus when taking flying shots next time.

Uday Kiran
10-11-2016, 08:22 PM
Thank you very much Sir for the feedback :-)

I use 7d mark ii, and was using the single auto-focus point keeping at the center. Sure, will keep in mind regarding the zone auto-focus when taking flying shots next time.