PDA

View Full Version : Asiatic Lioness

Uday Kiran
15-11-2016, 08:11 PM
I took this picture in Gir NP, Gujarat. I did instructed my gypsy driver to park near a sub-adult male, despite the fact that there is a lioness at the other end. My gut told me that she would take a walk to her mate sitting near our jeep. When the lioness emerged, she started strolling in the opposite direction. I had cursed my mistake. But, then after a while she turned around and started to walk to wards her mate. Better still, another lioness joined shortly after.

Aperture: 5.6f
Shutter Speed: 1/1250s
ISO:1000
Exp comp: -2/3 ev
Focal length: 400mm
WB: 5600K
Aperture priority
Hand held
Body: 7d mark ii
Lens: EF 100-400mm IS

Saktipada Panigrahi
16-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Nice. Would have been an excellent framing with paws captured fully. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
16-11-2016, 03:59 PM
Nice sighting of this duo taking a walk. Good details. Since you were already using 400 mm focal length, zooming in more was not possible. So I think it would have been good to zoom out a bit to include them fully, with more space at the bottom.

Canon 100-400mm is a versatile lens, I too use this lens. It helps to try out different compositions, if the subject is a bit far, it is better to zoom out and create a habitat composition. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
17-11-2016, 02:52 PM
The rim lighting looks nice. I agree that the paws have been cut off. Else it would have been very nice. At what focal length did you shoot this one? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Uday Kiran
17-11-2016, 05:58 PM
Thank you all for the comments and suggestions.:-)

Sabyasachi sir, I shot this at 400mm.