PDA

View Full Version : close sighting of big male tiger...

Jerin Dinesh
16-11-2016, 07:03 PM
After a walk ,he went to sit in a small pond....and started playing with his tongue licking feet and like that, it was like posing for our camera....it was little shake image....cos suddenly he opened mouth while i was checking my camera setting ....Did't got much time to focus and study my cam....

canon 600D,Tamron 150-600mm, 1/1000,f6.3, ISO 2500...Hand held...no crop...

Sabyasachi Patra
17-11-2016, 03:01 PM
Normally it yawns and then moves on to hunt. The problem here is the focus is just behind the tiger. Since it raised its head to yawn, you were not ready and the focus was locked on the grass. Just a slight twist of the focus barrel would have helped quickly acquire the focus. At what focal length did you shoot this? You could have zoomed out or even created a vertical composition.

When a predator is around, don't fiddle much with your camera. A lot of people try to review the images and miss out on important behaviour. Don't randomly fire and fill the buffer. Quickly think which composition you want and then wait for it. For example don't keep on moving the camera left and right if the tiger is turning its head one way or the other. Just anticipate, wait and click. It will take sometime but keep on observing and you will be able to understand more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Jerin Dinesh
20-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Yes!!!agree with you!!!thanks

Mrudul Godbole
21-11-2016, 01:11 PM
Deadly canines :). Good you had a long sighting and could observe it closely. Agree with the above comments. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

John Gryphon
28-11-2016, 11:58 AM
I always focus on the eye..thats it!

If the eye is in focus the rest will be very good.