PDA

View Full Version : Indian wild dog or Dhole

Uday Kiran
26-11-2016, 11:48 AM
We had received an info about a pack of wild dogs sitting on the road, so we had deviated from our usual track and proceeded towards them. After a short drive and there they were Bingo! However, they had immediately dispersed as soon as they saw us. We waited for couple of minutes and observed they were slowly returning back. We again started to slowly towards them and stopped after a while making sure that we are not too close to them. On further observing, notice that out of the pack of 14, there were only 12. After a thorough scanning found that this guy was still feeling hesitant to come out of the bushes. This is the only window I got to photograph. Zooming out a little bit would include trees and was not looking good. So, no cropping done at all. We had taken as many pics as we can of the whole group and then decided to move further. Out of curiosity, we slowed down a little bit and turned back, all of them have re-grouped again. :-)

Aperture: 5.6f
Shutter Speed: 1/400s
ISO: 3200
Focal length: 400mm
Exp comp: -1/3 ev
WB: 5600K
Aperture priority
Hand held.
Body: EOS 7d mark ii
Lens: EF 100-400mm IS

Joydip Mukherjee
26-11-2016, 02:57 PM
excellent capture with very good details ..... thanks for sharing

Saktipada Panigrahi
26-11-2016, 10:06 PM
Nice image of the dreaded predator of the Indian jungle, responsible for dispersal of Chital, resulting in their healthy breeding. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

V S Sankar
26-11-2016, 10:35 PM
Absolutely sharp image!Well done.Very difficult to photograph these animals but you got it spot on.

Mrudul Godbole
28-11-2016, 02:46 PM
Liked the intense stare. It was keeping a watch on the gypsy :). The composition looks fine. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-12-2016, 02:56 PM
I think when you click the dhole just about moved its head. So there is a slight softness. I would have prefered a vertical here or zooming out a bit to get the full body. Also, less space at the top and more space at the bottom would have helped in getting the space for the full legs. Even if the legs are hidden behind a bush, our minds eye tries to see if there is space or not and gets the feeling that the legs are cutoff. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi