PDA

View Full Version : Tiger from Bhadra---A rare sighting

Shyamala Kumar
09-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Sighting leopards in Bhadra is rare and sighting a tiger is even rarer.Bhadra boasts of about 32 tigers in its core area .For the first time a tigress seemed to have moved into the zone covered by the safari tracks.WE discovered a kill of a deer half eaten on one occasion and this magnificent tigress sleeping off her meal in a shallow gorge.She was extremely shy and wary and ready to escape our hungry lenses.It was quite apparent that she was unused to safari vehicles.NIKON 7100+150-600mm 1/125s ISO2500 FL150mm f/8.very early morning hours in Nov 2016.

Saktipada Panigrahi
09-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Nice sighting. 'Expression' - like a cat which has strayed into other's house just before slipping away. Good capture. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
09-12-2016, 02:49 PM
Lucky you could have this unexpected sighting. Its quite rare to photograph this startled and scared expression. Usually the tigers are used to the gypsy's and we don't get to see some unique behavior. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

V S Sankar
11-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Nice image Shyamalaji.Little different expression as compared to the other tigers we see....I remember visiting Bhadra many years ago and seeing nothing!Then we went to the Tiger park which was nearby!

Regards
V S Sankar

Subhash Shrivastava
12-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Shyamala m'am, Unexpected sighting of tigers in a new jungle is a rare good news and it must have given you a new level of thrill n joy. May be Tiger population is rising in Bhadra, after all Maharashtra and Karnataka remain the last hopes of a flickering dream (of sustainable conservation). Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
27-12-2016, 09:29 AM
Great sighting. A few years back I was in bhadra when it was trying to bounce back from the relocation of villages. Now this sighting of tiger makes me believe that things perhaps have gone well there. Is this a cropped image? Did you click when the jeep was running? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi