PDA

View Full Version : Tortoise Beetle

Arun Acharjee
22-12-2016, 07:52 PM
It was a sunny morning. I suddenly found this little tortoise beetle resting beneath the leaf. This image is taken in our locality just beside the Boisa Beel where we want to explore the little dwellers. It is common though not so much as compared to the other beetles. Though their beauty is unavoidable. Here I tried to capture the species in backlight.

EXIF Info:

Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: Nikon 40mm macro
Aperture: f/14
ISO: 800
Shutter Speed: 1/200s

No edit, cropped, no flash.

Thank you.

Mrudul Godbole
23-12-2016, 01:43 PM
Liked the textures on the leaf. The beetle looks nice. Thinking that just a bit less space on the left and more on the right to include the tip of the leaf would have strengthened the composition further. As it is cropped, if there is more space on the right, you can try this composition.

I think the leaf being bright here is taking the attention away from the beetle. Thanks for sharing.

Arun Acharjee
25-12-2016, 09:14 PM
Thank you Mrudul ji for your words.

Sabyasachi Patra
18-01-2017, 01:55 PM
Because of my travel, I had not been able to keep up with this section. I like this image. How much of a crop is this and from which side? Do you have a vertical shot of this? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Arun Acharjee
22-01-2017, 07:55 PM
Thank you Sabyasachi da. This is the full frame image. Sorry to say that no vertical composition was shot. The insect was at such a position that I have to capture it almost a feet away of my eye from the viewfinder fixing the single-point focus area at the junction of the three parts of its upper portion- head and the two halves of the rest.