PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Weevil

Arun Acharjee
31-12-2016, 09:36 PM
These are beetles that are found in bushes. In this region of our locality there is no exception. They, mostly, remain themselves hide there and my personal experience says that they hide themselves just to the opposite side of the twigs or leaves while they detect something unexpected movements like mine as capturing them through lens.

EXIF Info:

Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: Nikon 40mm macro
Aperture: f/16
ISO: 200
Shutter Speed: 200

Handheld, Edited, Cropped

Thanks for viewing.

Mrudul Godbole
04-01-2017, 01:45 PM
Nice. Liked the different shades of green. The composition looks fine. There is some noise in the background, was any sharpening done? Thanks for sharing.

Arun Acharjee
04-01-2017, 08:41 PM
Thank you Mrudul ji. Yes, sharpening is done in post processing.

Sabyasachi Patra
18-01-2017, 01:58 PM
Interesting creature. With a 40mm it is difficult to move is so close as these fellows are going to become skittish. I would love to see more of this species in good light. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
19-01-2017, 12:55 AM
How much of a crop is this? Love the greens. Overall a very nice image.

Arun Acharjee
22-01-2017, 07:39 PM
Interesting creature. With a 40mm it is difficult to move is so close as these fellows are going to become skittish. I would love to see more of this species in good light. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Thank you Sabyasachi da for your complements. I, of course, would share but, truly spoken, for this moment, I have none. Though I would like to share another weevil species that I able to capture in considerably good light in my next new thread.

Arun Acharjee
22-01-2017, 07:46 PM
How much of a crop is this? Love the greens. Overall a very nice image.

Thanks Abjishek da. It is a huge crop of almost 33% of the original (cropped area*100/original area).