PDA

View Full Version : Jhirna Tigress

Debasis Bose
27-01-2017, 11:10 PM
In December 2016, had three encounters with three different tigers at blind bends of CTR and this encounter was one of them. She is mother of three cubs

Nikon D4s, Nikon 300 FL ED, Shot @ 300 F8, ISO 800, 1/320s

Saktipada Panigrahi
28-01-2017, 02:16 PM
It is indeed heartening that you enjoy a large following amongst tiger and tigress community of Corbett. This tigress seems to be different from the 'Queen of Jhirna' you have posted earlier. Looks like it might have given birth recently and still recuperating. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
29-01-2017, 11:35 AM
I can't express how much I hate these concrete structures...It just kills the wilderness feel. Unfortunately, that is also an indicator of the way we the people have hemmed in the wildlife into clearly defined, small and claustrophobic places.

Tough situation to photograph due to both the light and shade being in the same frame. A vertical framing might have become a better bet here. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Debasis Bose
30-01-2017, 01:55 AM
Dear Sabyasachi, I agree with you that artificial and aesthetically not constructed to blend with surrounding takes away the feel of wilderness. We cannot stop it, as our systems are such. Most of the employee of forest division are not interested or are working as no other options are available to them. Hence a person who is not passionate or loves his job, you cannot expect good out of him. Bad luck and I have an intuition that we will lose out our forest and natural wonders sooner than later.

Dear Saktida, Your comments are so encouraging and your observation are so accurate, it says a lot and how close you are with nature

Murugan Anantharaman
06-02-2017, 09:36 AM
The last time I was in Jhirna a couple of years back, I could not spot a tiger. However, I found a great density of birds especially Hornbills and a beautiful Shaheen falcon that almost made us forget that we also need to look out for a tiger. You have got a nice head on shot of the tiger, lovely picture..... While I agree with Sabyasachi that man made structures really take the thrill out, we still cannot avoid them. Here in the Malaysian jungles of Taman Negara (oldest rainforest in the world) they have made sure that there's sufficient vegetation grown over man made structures hiding concrete and iron. There are quite a few iron fences in a few places which are impossible to spot as they have made sure they are well camouflaged. however they are all walking trails and not motor roads so may be a different story....thanks for sharing.