PDA

View Full Version : Great Indian Bustard

Subhajit Chaudhuri
03-02-2017, 10:41 PM
I consider myself lucky to spot 10 individual Critically Endangered Great Indian Bustard in its prime habitat on a single day. ~ Rajasthan.

Saktipada Panigrahi
04-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Majestic male standing tall on one leg in its habitat. Very nice. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Subhajit Chaudhuri
04-02-2017, 02:48 PM
Thank you so much for your words.

Mrudul Godbole
08-02-2017, 11:21 AM
Nice environmental composition. Agree with Saktida, liked the majestic pose. Lucky you could sight so many of these shy endangered birds. When was this photographed? Thanks for sharing.

Subhajit Chaudhuri
08-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Nice environmental composition. Agree with Saktida, liked the majestic pose. Lucky you could sight so many of these shy endangered birds. When was this photographed? Thanks for sharing.

Thank a lot Mrudul for your encouraging comment. Photographed on 2nd Nov 2016.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-02-2017, 07:39 PM
What are the exif details? It helps if one posts the exif details and the crop ie amount of crop and from which sides, so that we can critique the image better. Also sharing post processing details like selective noise reductions/sharpening etc helps.

Good to know that you had some nice sightings. Our eyes are more attuned to the typical 35mm proportions. So any other version where either a vertical is longer/taller or horizontal longer has to specifically meet the story line as it will often stand out and take away attention from the image.

I would have loved details in the background. At present in this image, the details are gone and the image looks a bit funny. The vegetation near the bustard is over-sharpened. Did you do noise reduction followed by sharpening?

Mangru Minz
19-02-2017, 09:59 PM
Very Nice image of endangered bird. Thanks for sharing.