PDA

View Full Version : Difference in opinion?

Prajwal J Ullal
05-04-2017, 09:22 PM
Came across this sight of a Redshank and sandpiper(ID confirmation would be helpful) sharing the bank of the waterbody. The interesting part of the scene being that both of them had frozen to a pose as if they were having some serious debate/verbal fight amongst them

EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 55-250 IS
F/5.6
Shutterspeed 1/1600
ISO 400
Handheld, No flash fired

Mrudul Godbole
07-04-2017, 07:11 PM
Nice sighting. Its good you could get the full reflection and the reflection of the eye of both the birds. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
08-04-2017, 06:12 PM
Way too dark. This style of getting the background dark was in vogue a few decades ago and then discarded. However, I don't understand why many Indian photographers continue to persist with this style even today. Photographers feel that somehow darkening the background is fine and the argument is "how does it matter if we just wipe out any visual information from the background as it is only mud or trees or sand etc." However, that's the habitat of the species. One needs to show that there is a relationship between the creature and its habitat.

For editorial applications, the image needs to be unmolested by post-processing tricks. Slight curves, saturation is fine. That is why I ask for RAW file if any image is being used for cover page of IndiaWilds Newsletter.

Abhishek Jamalabad
13-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Not sure how well this works. Two animals facing away from the centre pose a challenge in terms of composition. The redshank's reflection looks nice, but the sandpiper's is distracting. The bright reflections in the water, especially the top right one, are also distracting. I must admit, I haven't yet found anything aesthetically interesting in the inner mangroves at BPS (unlike anywhere else) - for me, that place just gives record shots and important sightings - not good pictures. :)