PDA

View Full Version : Barking Deer in Himalayas

Sandipan Ghosh
25-04-2017, 11:18 PM
The Senchal Wildlife Sanctuary was set up in 1915 in the Darjeeling District of West Bengal, India. I have spotted here Barking Deer in three times during the summer trip. The elevation of this sanctuary ranges from 1,500 to 2,600 m, having rich bird diversity.
Date - 15/04/2017
Canon 7D M II, Sigma 150-600 mm
600 mm/ f/8, 1/1000s, iso 6400

Saktipada Panigrahi
26-04-2017, 12:56 PM
Nice sighting at Senchal. Nice pose and colours. Good Take. Thanks for sharing. saktiWild

Sandipan Ghosh
26-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Nice sighting at Senchal. Nice pose and colours. Good Take. Thanks for sharing. saktiWild

Thanks for the comment

Subhash Shrivastava
27-04-2017, 06:39 PM
Nice pose, giving a look of surprise from uphill. Is this population form the norther boundary for Indian Muntjac. Thanks for sharing.

Sandipan Ghosh
27-04-2017, 10:11 PM
Nice pose, giving a look of surprise from uphill. Is this population form the norther boundary for Indian Muntjac. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the comment....I dont exactly known about the northern limit....

Sabyasachi Patra
28-04-2017, 02:10 PM
Good to see a barking deer from Senchal WLS. Unfortunately the details have been wiped out and it looks like an image shot with a mobile phone. It is important to try and reduce the noise while shooting and if required then slight noise reduction during post processing. If there is a decision to be made between noise and details, for me details will always win. No question about that. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
28-04-2017, 05:05 PM
The surpise look is nicely captured. Agree more details would have enhanced the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
03-05-2017, 11:35 AM
Lovely find. Agree with Sabyasachi - don't wipe out the noise too much. Noisy details are much better than no details. :)

Subhash ji - This won't be the northernmost limit. I'm guessing that would be somewhere in or near Uttarakhand?

Sandipan Ghosh
03-05-2017, 11:24 PM
Good to see a barking deer from Senchal WLS. Unfortunately the details have been wiped out and it looks like an image shot with a mobile phone. It is important to try and reduce the noise while shooting and if required then slight noise reduction during post processing. If there is a decision to be made between noise and details, for me details will always win. No question about that. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

It is my fault.....I did not sharp image due to wrong camera function

Sandipan Ghosh
03-05-2017, 11:25 PM
The surpise look is nicely captured. Agree more details would have enhanced the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

thanks for your comment

Sandipan Ghosh
03-05-2017, 11:26 PM
Lovely find. Agree with Sabyasachi - don't wipe out the noise too much. Noisy details are much better than no details. :)

Subhash ji - This won't be the northernmost limit. I'm guessing that would be somewhere in or near Uttarakhand?

thanks for your comment