PDA

View Full Version : Slender Green Beauty

Arun Acharjee
30-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Most of the damselflies are too small to locate at a single sight. Though, close hunt at the ground level through the grass could revel some of their beautiful species. Such of them is this one-Tiny Hooded Dartlet. The decorated dark patches on their green is very attracting.

EXIF Info:

Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: Nikon 40mm Macro
ISO: 400
Aperture: F/10
Shutter Speed: 1/125s

Handheld, No edit, Cropped, No artificial light

Thank you in advance.
Arun.

Mrudul Godbole
09-05-2017, 03:36 PM
Nice. Some loss of details due to the crop. Placing it more to the right (to have less space on the right after the leaf) would strengthen the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
12-05-2017, 11:47 AM
It is not easy to go close to these. I remember how much of an effort I had to do to film them for my Jewels of Thane Creek shoot. It is important to find them during times when they are inactive. The extreme right side leaf doesn't add to the image. It is out-of-focus area as well. If you could have moved around a bit then it would have been good, as there is a bright out of focus area just behind the leaf where the subject is. It is not easy to get a pleasing macro image without distracting highlights or other elements. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi