PDA

View Full Version : Checkered Keel Sunbasking

Venkat Jyoti Joga
27-05-2017, 10:28 PM
Last year there were a number of migratory birds landed at Ameenpur Lake Hyderabad and as I was trying to click best of the action, the security personnel cautions me that there is a snake close to me. This guy was just coming out of the water on to the rock and I was enjoying its movements. Suddenly it opened its mouth as if enjoying the sun and I captured the moment without loosing a minute. Got nice click with clear picture of the mouth open.

EXIF

Canon SX60HS
f/6.5
Exposure 1/500
ISO 400
Focal Length 247mm
Max Apperture 5.40625

Saktipada Panigrahi
29-05-2017, 01:30 PM
An image to gauge the opening of mouth of a snake (excluding sea snake) taken at right moment. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWind

Mrudul Godbole
30-05-2017, 03:30 PM
You captured the right moment. I think the AF point is locked on the rocks in the background. You need to half click to get the focus and then click. Wish it was facing towards you, but I know you cant predict these things. Is this a crop? How much crop is this? It is better to crop less as there is loss of details. I had a similar experience with a Phython in Bharatpur, when it suddenly came towards me and yawned -

https://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?8343-Python-Yawning&highlight=yawn

Venkat Jyoti Joga
30-05-2017, 09:29 PM
Thank you for the feedback. The image has been posted as it is without cropping or editing.