PDA

View Full Version : Indian Pitta

Sandipan Ghosh
14-06-2017, 11:08 PM
Indian Pitta is a summer to monsoon visitor in West Bengal and in this time they are preparing nest in this region. This is for first time that I have seen this beauty in the Sal-Teak Jungle of north Durgapur, near Ajay River, Paschim Barddhaman on July, 2017. I have found more than 5 pitta in this region, preparing nest and having chicks in the nest. It is a good sign for this species who has shared safe habitat in our region.
Canon 7D M II + Sigma 150-600 mm
600 mm, 1/1000s, f/6.3, iso - 1250

Mrudul Godbole
15-06-2017, 03:28 PM
Nice pose and eye contact. Good to know their number is increasing in that area. Seems there is some loss of details. Is this a crop? Or any noise reduction done? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
16-06-2017, 01:53 PM
I think along with noise reduction there is lot of highlight recovery. Our eyes need details. Noise reduction wipes away those. In many wildlife situations the noise gets hidden in the body texture of the subject. Ofcourse one needs to expose correctly so that the noise doesn't become a challenge. I hardly ever do any noise reduction beyond the default setting in lightroom. The 7D II has got good ISO performance. So noise shouldn't be an issue for you.

Sandipan Ghosh
16-06-2017, 10:09 PM
Nice pose and eye contact. Good to know their number is increasing in that area. Seems there is some loss of details. Is this a crop? Or any noise reduction done? Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the comment madam...Yes it is cropped and a noise reduction is performed....

Sandipan Ghosh
16-06-2017, 10:11 PM
I think along with noise reduction there is lot of highlight recovery. Our eyes need details. Noise reduction wipes away those. In many wildlife situations the noise gets hidden in the body texture of the subject. Ofcourse one needs to expose correctly so that the noise doesn't become a challenge. I hardly ever do any noise reduction beyond the default setting in lightroom. The 7D II has got good ISO performance. So noise shouldn't be an issue for you.

Thanks for the comment....I have observed that my lens is not sufficient for low light photography at all....7D M 2 is very challenging body for me till now.....I hope that in near future I shall do better photography....