PDA

View Full Version : Tiger on the Bund.

Shyamala Kumar
26-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Even the most ferocious have their vulnerable moments.God is above and all is right with the world. Rounding a the sharp bend in Kabini our noses were assailed by the unmistakable smell of a "kill".The sighting of this tiger so close sleeping seemed to signal the fact that he was the owner of the kill and that he had made and excellent meal of it.Nikon 750+70-200mm ISO800 F/2.8 1/1000s.may 2017 early morning Another image from the Karnataka tourism bus:sneaky2::D

Mrudul Godbole
26-06-2017, 01:30 PM
Beautiful. Loved the composition. He seems to be very relaxed and at peace :). Nice greenery in the background. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
26-06-2017, 01:51 PM
After a heavy (14 kg !) meal the tiger is in peace with the whole world. Looking at the ears it is not fully asleep. Nice take.
In March 1975 I saw from elephant back a huge male on the hillock at Kanhaghat relaxing after a heavy meal. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Saktipada Panigrahi
26-06-2017, 03:50 PM
(1) The Head was resting on the paws (or bund).
(2) The eyes were closed. ( May become partially open in case you go too close, say 15-20 ft. on elephant back).
(3) The ears were widely open.

It is 'compulsive somnolence'*, induced by heavy feeding as in this case without doubt (same what I have seen).

*I have borrowed this wording from the writings of Krishnan, our great teacher.

He wrote about one tigress he observed i--- " Her judgement of our position by ear alone was remarkable".
The tiger here also knew your position very well.
Thank you Shyamala Madam for showing us the widely open ear.

SaktiWild

Debasis Bose
27-06-2017, 10:34 PM
Excellent image and one needs to be extremely fortunate to have such sighting and you are blessed

Sabyasachi Patra
28-06-2017, 01:15 PM
Nice peaceful scene that everyone dreams of. Did you shoot through the glass window? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi