PDA

View Full Version : Black Panther: Environmental composition

Sabyasachi Patra
07-07-2017, 04:42 PM
On 27.08.2013, here in IndiaWilds forums https://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?13041-Spotted!-Black-Panther-family , I had written that "I am proud to be born in this country which has such amazing biodiversity. I hope I can see one black beauty through my own eyes in the wild. Recording it in film will be a dream." Fortunately, within four years that dream has come true.

We sighted a melanistic leopard or black panther as it is commonly known in Kabini on 4th July 2017. The leopard was resting on the tree very close to the vehicle. The driver called up and informed other vehicles and so many people got a chance to sight this amazing spectacle.

Its coat looked very very soft like silk. Its eyes were a sight to behold. This black ghost like form appeared to suck away all negative toxins and ill luck from our body and mind. The sighting lasted for about 26 minutes and then it got down after sighting a deer. It was a completely rejuvenating and exhilarating experience. Sharing an environmental shot, full frame without crop.

Canon EOS 1DX MarkII, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L IS USM lens with 2xII TC at 400mm, ISO 1600, f8, 1/125 sec shutter speed, full frame shot. There will be a few more shots to follow in the next few days.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Shyamala Kumar
08-07-2017, 01:10 AM
What a beauty.A magnificent capture.The whole of last year I have been" just missing" the sighting of this beauty.Thanks for sharing.

Subhash Shrivastava
09-07-2017, 12:00 AM
Wow. Sabya sir, you deserved every bit of it. May more such chances come your way. Great composition. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
10-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Beautiful once in a life time sighting. What a stare! The green eyes kind of bore into you. Liked the curved branch and the relaxed pose. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
11-07-2017, 03:13 PM
Thanks a ton Subhash! It was nice to see the black panther relaxed on the tree top. Hope there will be atleast one more chance to have a "darshan". :)

Hi Shyamala,
You have had good leopard luck. So may be sometime you too will sight the black panther.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Vipin Sharma
11-07-2017, 09:15 PM
This beauty is still in my wish list , excellent shot dada. He's relaxed and keeping piercing eyes on you .

John Gryphon
13-07-2017, 01:34 PM
Ah Kiplings Bagheera,what a magnificent beast you have captured Sir.

Saktipada Panigrahi
15-07-2017, 08:51 PM
Lovely composition. The curved branch and the long hanging tail of leopard have made the image so beautiful.Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
17-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Thanks a lot. It was a blessing sighting this majestic creature.