PDA

View Full Version : APFC RTR diary Jun-17

Vipin Sharma
10-07-2017, 05:52 PM
We call it a ''DRONGO CHALLANGE'' , frequent visitors to Ranthambore tiger reserve would know it better , while waiting for the tiger on water hole one would see lots of birds diving down to sip.
This was taken during same challenge , I got not only drongo but lot many other birds in action.

Date Taken: Apr 18, 2017
Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II , Canon 300mm f/4 IS L USM
Focal Length: 300 mmShutter Speed: 1/1600 secAperture: f/4 ISO: 1000
Copyright: © Vipin Sharma

Sabyasachi Patra
12-07-2017, 08:46 AM
Cool shot Vipin! I love the colour combination here. And I like the water droplets flying around. A lot of people will view this paradise flycatcher to be way more cooler than a drongo, though each bird has its place in the ecosystem and the drongo being a very very smart bird.

Is this image a crop? The next time you are waiting for a tiger and watching the birds, try a vertical. It is even more challenging to get the composition right in camera in vertical orientation. A vertical will act as a good cover page image. So please remember that next time. It also improves the focusing, tracking and anticipating the timing of the photographer. Remember that initially lot of shots will be lost. However try and one image will be super duper.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
15-07-2017, 05:11 PM
Beautiful. The flycatcher stands out against the dark green water. l like the effect created by its long tail feathers. Maybe a Racquet Tailed Drongo would create a similar effect ☺.The flying water droplets add to the composition. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Vipin Sharma
21-07-2017, 11:24 AM
Cool shot Vipin! I love the colour combination here. And I like the water droplets flying around. A lot of people will view this paradise flycatcher to be way more cooler than a drongo, though each bird has its place in the ecosystem and the drongo being a very very smart bird.

Is this image a crop? The next time you are waiting for a tiger and watching the birds, try a vertical. It is even more challenging to get the composition right in camera in vertical orientation. A vertical will act as a good cover page image. So please remember that next time. It also improves the focusing, tracking and anticipating the timing of the photographer. Remember that initially lot of shots will be lost. However try and one image will be super duper.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dada , tried one with vertical composition and nailed it , though more challenging to get the composition right in camera in vertical . Shall soon post same.

Sandipan Ghosh
11-08-2017, 01:05 PM
I love the shot.....awesome