PDA

View Full Version : Tiger cub RTR diary Jun-17

Vipin Sharma
11-07-2017, 09:22 PM
This was a surprise sighting for us , this one is a cub of T73.
Sitting in a man made water hole but mother was no where to be seen , her mother is very shy , so is she, and had once charged by her mother in past.
Tried with very tight frame so as to avoid boundary wall of water hole.
I always look for a reflection wherever there is an opportunity , one such experiment is with this image.
Canon EOS 7D Mark II , Canon 300mm f/4 L IS USM , f/4 , -0.3 step , 1/1600 , ISO-1000 , Handheld , No crop.

Sabyasachi Patra
12-07-2017, 08:33 AM
Lovely sighting. I like the frontal shot and eye contact. I hate the ugly cement waterholes in Ranthambhore and Tadoba. It is tough to create a pleasing composition without the ugly cement banks becoming visible in the shots. In some places I find these waterholes smaller in size than a bathtub in a luxury Taj hotel. Atleast they could have made these waterholes bigger in size. People can easily mistake it for a shot in a zoo. Recently met a few tourists in Kabini who were not aware whether they were really in a forest or in a fenced zoo safari. The creation of concrete waterholes further confuses such people and also is aesthetically terrible. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
15-07-2017, 04:49 PM
The reflection looks nice. Even while drinking it is keeping an eye on the surroundings. The vertical composition works well here. Thanks for sharing.