PDA

View Full Version : Tigress in Kabini

Mrudul Godbole
18-07-2017, 02:58 PM
Photographed this in Kabini on 4th July. This was my first sighting of a tiger in Kabini. She was sitting in the lantana bushes when our gypsy reached the spot. She got up and she was leisurely moving around. One moment she again sat down and gave us an opportunity to capture this image.

Canon EOS 80D, Canon 100-400 mm L IS USM lens, f6.3, 1/100, ISO 800, EC +0.3, full frame, hand held.

Comments and critiques welcome.

Sabyasachi Patra
18-07-2017, 08:54 PM
Nice yawn. Shows the tiger in a relaxed mood, the way it should be in a jungle. The invasive weeds infront of the tiger and behind it shows what is wrong in this tiger reserve.

We don't often sight tigers in Nagarhole. I remember the last sighting was very brief. I think this went on for close to half an hour. I need to check the time stamp to know.

I think hardly 15 odd mins after this tiger sighting, we had the sighting of our life time in form of the black panther. For a brief moment, it got disturbed by the Canter and then crossed the dirt track to the other side to climb the fallen tree. Will remember this day for a long long time.

Debasis Bose
20-07-2017, 11:23 PM
Breathtaking yawn beautifully timed shot. In fact a dream shot for any wildlife enthusiast

Shyamala Kumar
21-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Nicely timed shot.The Tigress seems to be relaxed .I think some more space at the bottom would have given greater perspective to the image.Thanks for sharing.