PDA

View Full Version : Coppersmith Barbet

Abhishek Jamalabad
06-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Photographed this (once again:)) from my terrace. It was heavily overcast, and it started raining a moment later.

Two of these came and perched on branches about 10 feet away from me. In my excitement I pushed the Ev comp. all the way up to +2 and forgot to keep an eye on the histogram, and as a result I blew up the sky :-P. Fixed that later in PP.

Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot SX10 IS
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/25, handheld
Av (Aperture Value) 5.7
Exposure Compensation +2
ISO Speed 100
Focal Length 100.0 mm (full extent)
White Balance Cloudy

Cropped, altered levels and sharpened a bit.

Thanks for looking, comments and critiques awaited.

Bibhav Behera
06-09-2009, 11:13 AM
That is a sharp shot at 1/25...
Good job there...
In my opinion this is your best image till date... :)
Keep it going... \m/

Sabyasachi Patra
06-09-2009, 12:13 PM
10 feet is unbelievable. I am sure it will come back again.

This is certainly nice. If you can get this in a PnS camera, certainly you will do great in a DSLR.

Abhishek Jamalabad
06-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks both of you...
Bibhav: what is "\m/" ? :confused:

Sabyasachi: They always come to this tree (a pipal tree), almost every day... However this was the first time they came so close. They usually hop off into the foliage when they notice me. This time they remained in the open for very long, even after they seemed to notice me. I'm sure they'll come again. Maybe they're getting used to me...:D

Sagar Patil
06-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Nice photo and lucky to be a barbet at 10 ft :)

Looking to your 100 mm focal length and 20x zoom in PnS, this bird might be at some 20 ft away. Because in my cam with 15x full zoom I would get close up of its head at 10 ft.

Mrudul Godbole
06-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Lovely bird, nicely photographed. You might crop a bit from the left. Nice perch and eye contact. You are lucky to get birds in your terrace :-).

Abhishek Jamalabad
06-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks Sagar and Mrudul,
Sagar : It was definitely not more than 10 feet away... say +1 to 2 ft. because of the angle...
Mrudul : I thought of that crop too, but then I felt maybe the bird would look too tight between the branch and the edge of the frame.

Kiran Ghadge
07-09-2009, 10:48 AM
This is nice image. amazing shot with PnS