PDA

View Full Version : The green, brown and transparent

Prajwal J Ullal
11-08-2017, 10:17 PM
A layered sight of the trail, intended to capture the small water stream that runs through the terrain, unfortunately due to low rainfall the stream had trickled down to a small, almost invisible flow. The rocky patches and the background greenery seemed too pleasing and with longer exposure wanted to capture any of the motion of the stream, that could be seen

EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 10-18 IS
F/25
Shutterspeed 1 sec
ISO 100
Tripod mounted

Mrudul Godbole
14-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Liked the vertical composition. The textures on the rocks and the smooth waterflow adds to the composition. Nicely captured. Just a small suggestion, if possible moving a bit more to the left to avoid the tree with the 3 branches would have further strengthened the composition. Thanks for sharing.

Prajwal J Ullal
14-08-2017, 03:34 PM
Would surely try that, have few frames where the divide of the frame is a bit different, more water less Trees, but wasnt happy as the water area, lower part of the frame, was more prominent

Sabyasachi Patra
15-08-2017, 06:49 PM
Nice one. I agree with Mrudul. You can also move slightly to the right and angle to the left to avoid the tree. The tree with branches cuts off the feeling of greenery, ironical, nevertheless it is true because colours play a big role. The sky is also visible near the tree. Since you visit that place often, you can try this composition again. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prajwal J Ullal
30-10-2017, 08:20 PM
I do frequent this area but getting an opportunity to capture the waterfall/stream is very rare, I believe, only during the peak monsoon season one can get ample water worth framing, otherwise these mostly flow through the inside of the rocks.