PDA

View Full Version : Mother & its two babies

Anil Kumar Verma
15-08-2017, 07:20 PM
Dear Friends,

Mother Bonnet Macaque shielding its two babies. Face of one & back of other one can be seen. Expressions are so similar to human beings . This was captured during my recent trip to Matheran, a small hill station near Mumbai. Could see large population of these Macaques. They were everywhere, from Hotels, Market & off-course forest area. Saw one of them chewing green leaves in forest area.

EXIF : Canon 550D, EF-S 18-135mm, FL :135mm, ISO 1600, f/5.6 , Tv 1/200, Ambient Light, PP in LR5, Full Frame

Regards/Anil Kumar Verma

Saktipada Panigrahi
15-08-2017, 10:49 PM
Jai Hind.
Emotion and expression nicely captured. Who can excel mother's love? Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
16-08-2017, 05:10 PM
Mother has huddled them close securely. The vertical composition works well here. The b/w treatment gives the feel of a sketch :). I am not sure but I feel reducing the brightness just a bit (maybe its my monitor) would be nice. Did you try any compositions with a narrower aperture? Thanks for sharing.

Rajan Kanagasabai
17-08-2017, 09:10 AM
Loved the vertical frame. The composition portrays warmth and a cuddly feel to it. It is difficult to expose the dark's and the whites while photographing a face of a monkey (doubly difficult in Langurs due to the black and white contrast) and most people resort to a positive exposure compensation to address this issue. But the face in this photo is well exposed (in fact a little over exposed and possibly the observation from Mrudul on reducing the brightness). Was this light direct or was reflecting off a surface ? The brilliant eye contact of the baby is the highlight of the photo.

Thanks for sharing

regards
Rajan

Sabyasachi Patra
28-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Agree with the previous comments. This looks like a pencil sketch, just a little lighter. So adding slight contrast would strengthen the image. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi