PDA

View Full Version : Bamboo Pit Viper

Abhishek Jamalabad
11-09-2017, 05:39 PM
A very small Bamboo Pit Viper (Trimeresurus gramineus), from near the main taxi stand in Matheran. For the first time ever, we were on the verge of ending a Matheran trip without seeing any pit vipers. Then, just as we were catching a taxi to return, we spotted this guy on a roadside shrub. :)

Canon 760D, Canon 100mm Macro USM
SS 1/250
Av 7.1
ISO 1600
Minor crop for composition
Hand held on Live View
There is some shake in the image, as I was shooting from an unstable position, holding the camera with my arms stretched out. However, I did not want to push the ISO further, and was already on a wide aperture setting.
A contrast boost or deepening of the blacks can make the image look sharper; however, I have not applied any of it here.

Comments & critique welcome.

Mrudul Godbole
18-09-2017, 03:23 PM
Lovely sighting. It is so well camouflaged with the leaves, it would be very difficult to spot. Nice eye contact. Slight noise in the background. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
18-09-2017, 07:55 PM
A nice perch. I would have loved this to be in high depth of field. It is not easy though. The eye looks like a fruit. I like the camouflage. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
19-10-2017, 08:24 PM
Wonderful. Vertical pupil, nostril and thermo-receptor all are clear. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild