PDA

View Full Version : The hidden one

Uday Kiran
14-10-2017, 10:26 AM
This was all it gave to photograph. At first, I thought it to be a stone or something, but a sudden movement changed my impression as stone cannot move on its own ;-) Then seeing our boat,it stretched it's neck even further outside of the grass and then slowly went inside the jungle.

Aperture: 5.6f
Shutter Speed: 1/3200s
ISO: 1000
Focal length: 400mm
WB: 7000K
Aperture priority
Hand held
Full frame image.

Sabyasachi Patra
15-10-2017, 11:11 PM
You have shot it at f5.6. Using a narrow aperture for more depth of field would have been better here, so that more of the scene would have been in focus. I think you used 1/3200sec shutter speed as you were in the boat. I am not sure how fast you were moving or how much the boat was rocking. However, a lower shutter speed could have been tried. Where did you shoot this?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

V S Sankar
20-10-2017, 08:27 AM
Since you have mentioned boat I am guessing it to be shot in Kabini.Nice bit of greenery and a Golden one protruding out looks funny.The Jackal's curious looking face has come out well.Agree with Sabyaji's expert comments.

Regards

Uday Kiran
21-10-2017, 03:29 PM
Thank you for the comments. :-)

I have tried using f8 as well but the shots didn't come up well. In the sense, the Jackal was already on the move and in opposite direction. We were actually looking for the white-bellied sea eagle which we had spotted the day before and this was a sudden surprise. But yes, I should have quickly changed the setting to a more narrow aperture for the DOF.

Shot in Bhadra.

Mrudul Godbole
23-10-2017, 01:57 PM
Quite difficult to spot :). So were you able to spot/photograph the white-bellied sea eagle? Thanks for sharing.

Uday Kiran
24-10-2017, 10:39 PM
Thank you Mrudul. Nope, we couldn't on the next day.