PDA

View Full Version : Himalayan Goral in Habitat

Sandipan Ghosh
15-10-2017, 05:05 PM
Himalayan Goral is listed as Near Threatened on the IUCN Red List because the population is thought to be declining significantly due to habitat loss hunting for meat.
Place - Pangot outskirts, Uttarakhand
Date Taken: Oct 2, 2017
Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II
Lens: Sigma 150-600 mm
Focal Length: 600 mm
Shutter Speed: 1/500 sec
Aperture: f/8
ISO: 1600

Saktipada Panigrahi
16-10-2017, 07:01 AM
Nice sighting. The large white patch on throat and the colour of Goral in this part of India have come out very well. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Abhirup Dutta Gupta
16-10-2017, 10:39 AM
Excellent capture.

Sandipan Ghosh
16-10-2017, 11:35 PM
Nice sighting. The large white patch on throat and the colour of Goral in this part of India have come out very well. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

thank you very much

Sandipan Ghosh
16-10-2017, 11:37 PM
Excellent capture.

thanks a lot....

V S Sankar
17-10-2017, 09:36 PM
I think Jim Corbett in his books mentions these animals as Ghoorals.Nice to see a Goral.Good capture.

Regards

Saktipada Panigrahi
19-10-2017, 08:03 PM
HAPPY KALI PUJA, DEEPABALI AND BHATRIDWITIYA TO ALL MEMBERS AND VIEWERS OF OUR FORUM.

Sankar Bhai,
Yes, As you have said:
Jim Corbett has used the name of this goat-antelope as 'Ghooral'.
It is in the Chapter - ' The Fish of my dreams '.
Kind regards,
SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
19-10-2017, 10:59 PM
Nice sighting. Were you on a trek? How far was it? How many of them were sighted?

Wish you all a Happy Deepawali and Kali Puja.
Nice to be reminded about the spelling used by Corbett. These days we tend to pronounce differently.

When I was a child, the chapter "The Fish of my Dreams" was the least interesting as I was wanting to just hear about maneaters and hunting. Later I started to appreciate this chapter more. Thanks for sharing and reminding.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
23-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Wish you all a Happy Deepawali and Prosperous New Year.

Beautiful sighting. Nice display of habitat. Its good that you sighted them in the small open patch in the centre. How long were you in Uttarakhand? Thanks for sharing.

Subhash Shrivastava
24-10-2017, 10:42 PM
Excellent capture of the habitat along with rare Himalayan Gorals. Thanks for sharing.

Sandipan Ghosh
26-10-2017, 09:29 PM
I think Jim Corbett in his books mentions these animals as Ghoorals.Nice to see a Goral.Good capture.

Regards

thanks a lot

Sandipan Ghosh
26-10-2017, 09:29 PM
HAPPY KALI PUJA, DEEPABALI AND BHATRIDWITIYA TO ALL MEMBERS AND VIEWERS OF OUR FORUM.

Sankar Bhai,
Yes, As you have said:
Jim Corbett has used the name of this goat-antelope as 'Ghooral'.
It is in the Chapter - ' The Fish of my dreams '.
Kind regards,
SaktiWild

thank you so much

Sandipan Ghosh
26-10-2017, 09:31 PM
Nice sighting. Were you on a trek? How far was it? How many of them were sighted?

Wish you all a Happy Deepawali and Kali Puja.
Nice to be reminded about the spelling used by Corbett. These days we tend to pronounce differently.

When I was a child, the chapter "The Fish of my Dreams" was the least interesting as I was wanting to just hear about maneaters and hunting. Later I started to appreciate this chapter more. Thanks for sharing and reminding.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

thanks for your information....It was sighted in Kilbury region of Pangot during trek...they were 3 in numbers....more than 500 m ahead they were sighted...

Sandipan Ghosh
26-10-2017, 09:32 PM
Wish you all a Happy Deepawali and Prosperous New Year.

Beautiful sighting. Nice display of habitat. Its good that you sighted them in the small open patch in the centre. How long were you in Uttarakhand? Thanks for sharing.

thanks for your comment...It was located in the Kilbury region of Pangot.....

Sandipan Ghosh
26-10-2017, 09:32 PM
Excellent capture of the habitat along with rare Himalayan Gorals. Thanks for sharing.

thank you very much