PDA

View Full Version : Milky way at Chandrataal

Jitendra Katre
04-11-2017, 07:12 PM
Canon 5Ds, Canon 16-35, f/4
F/4, 25 sec, iSO-3200
Chandrataal, Spiti valley,
I had to take special permission to stay at this place till 8.30 p.m., because normally people are not allowed to stay here after 6 p.m..

Sabyasachi Patra
04-11-2017, 09:29 PM
Nice scene. Great to see the night sky in all its splendour. Did you use a torch to light the foreground rocks? I am not convinced about the crop. At what focal length was this shot? Did you click a vertical? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Jitendra Katre
04-11-2017, 10:43 PM
Thanks Sabyasachi, yes, I have used flashlight to illuminate the rocks in the foreground. I used 16mm. I cropped the image to make the distant mountains little bigger in the frame. Yes, I have vertical composition too. I have also made a beautiful startrail here...

Roshni Patel
06-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Great view I must say. What are this lights seen in the bottom at pebbles? I mean is it natural or you used it?

Jitendra Katre
06-11-2017, 11:21 AM
Great view I must say. What are this lights seen in the bottom at pebbles? I mean is it natural or you used it?
Thanks madam, that light is not natural. I used my flashlight to create something in foreground.

Mrudul Godbole
07-11-2017, 02:45 PM
Beautiful. I try to gaze at the night sky here, and hardly see any stars :(. Would love to see how a vertical composition looks. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Jitendra Katre
07-11-2017, 03:29 PM
Beautiful. I try to gaze at the night sky here, and hardly see any stars :(. Would love to see how a vertical composition looks. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Mrudul. Watching milkyway in clear sky of Himalayas is a divine experience. There were only three of us in mountains with nobody around for so many kilometers.