PDA

View Full Version : Milkyway near Satara

Jitendra Katre
15-11-2017, 08:11 AM
Milkyway near Satara,
Canon 6d, Samyang 14mm, f/2.8, 30 sec., ISO-3200
Artificial light used to illuminate the tree.

Mrudul Godbole
15-11-2017, 02:12 PM
Amazing view of the milky way. I was thinking a vertical composition would strengthen the composition further. I felt the hills on the left were slightly distracting as the main focus in the image was on the milky way and the tree. So tried to crop the image from both the sides. There is loss of details as I just cropped and have not used Lightroom. Attached for your reference. Would love to hear your view on this. Thanks for sharing.

Jitendra Katre
15-11-2017, 03:18 PM
Thanks Mrudul. I like your suggestion about vertical crop. It certainly makes the image more powerful in vertical frame.

Sabyasachi Patra
15-11-2017, 08:03 PM
Nice attempt. I love the sky. I agree with Mrudul's suggestion. Moving a bit to the left and turned towards the tree would have helped lose the left side bright horizon. That may have strengthened the composition. Keep on trying. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Jitendra Katre
27-02-2018, 07:30 PM
Thanks Sabyasachi, actually I have taken seven shots at this place and stiched them together to make full arch of milkyway. This image is one of them.

Roshni Patel
28-02-2018, 10:22 AM
I agreed what Mrudul said and did as vertical composition looks more convincing.