PDA

View Full Version : Brahminy Kite

Praveen Siddannavar
07-09-2009, 06:41 PM
I shot this near my farm in Bandipur.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Hi Praveen,
Welcome to IndiaWilds! Please introduce yourself in the Who's who section with your photo so that we can recognise you when we are in Bandipur.

A nice first post.

I found the following EXIF details from your image:
Canon 40D, 400 mm lens, ISO 400, f6.3, 1/2000 sec.

This image is sharp. Eye contact is nice. I would like some more space at the top. Typically head and shoulder portrait work if they occupy about 3/4th of the frame. However, for web viewing we upload tighter crops. In this case, a bit of more space at the top would have been good. I would also experiment with the crop. A bit of more space at the top and less at the bottom is likely to strengthen the composition.

Thanks for sharing this. It is one of my favourite raptors. In the childhood days we used to consider it auspicious. :D Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
07-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Welcome to IndiaWilds...!!!

Beautiful first post. Sharp potrait. Please post your Equipment and EXIF details.

Bibhav Behera
08-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi Praveen,
Nice first post of a beautiful bird... Lovely...
I would like to point out a couple of things which in my opinion could hv been improved...
1. The background sky looks a bit oversaturated. You can decrease that.
2. This seems to be a substantial crop due to the loss in image quality (though it is still sharp)... Would have liked more space in and around the frame...

Keep posting...