PDA

View Full Version : Camouflaged to perfection and a casual Yawn!....Sariska

V S Sankar
26-12-2017, 08:50 AM
It was Leopard show at Sariska for us!This one was just relaxing in the slopes of a hill.Perfectly hidden from the surroundings!

Canon 80D,100-400 IS II USM,f5.6,1/1000,ISO 1600(auto),Manual focus,hand held,slight crop

Regards

V S Sankar

Shyamala Kumar
28-12-2017, 06:08 PM
Typical leopard environment.The dry grass and rocky out crop is the perfect place to bask on a sunny day, for this leopard. Sariska is again becoming a hot destination for sighting leopards and tigers.Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
28-12-2017, 09:54 PM
Very natural image. Leopard population has flourished after tiger was wiped out. Incidentally I visited Sariska in October 1970 , my first visit to any sanctuary and it developed into a close bond with nature. I was sitting near a nullah and heard the story of confrontation between a male tiger and a herd of five domestic buffaloes, all six perished at the end. In those days Sariska was better known for its tigers in Rajasthan. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

V S Sankar
29-12-2017, 09:17 AM
You are absolutely right Shyamalaji about the Leopards.Our Leopard show at Sariska started even before we reached Sariska (10 kms before Tehla Gate)....But more on that story later!

Thanks Saktiji for sharing your past experience.Sariska surrounded by the Aravalli mountains would have looked great in those days.....

Regards
V S Sankar

Roshni Patel
29-12-2017, 09:41 AM
I actually like the way you managed to take this Leopard picture. Great share :)

Sabyasachi Patra
30-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Great to see a leopard from Sariska. I have been to Sariska when the story about the tigers wiped out from Sariska was not yet public. The leopard seems to be waking up and ready to go in search of prey. The image looks oversharpened and noisy, possibly because of a large crop. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
09-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Nice pose captured. Difficult to focus with the branches in the foreground. If possible moving a bit more to the right would have helped to get it more in the open. How long was the sighting? Thanks for sharing.