PDA

View Full Version : The fluffy monster

Prajwal J Ullal
25-01-2018, 10:36 PM
ID: Puffer fish

Mumbai is a very unique metropolitan, especially for the nature lovers, with an abundance of bio diversity not only on land and sky, but also along the shores. One example being this unique sighting, a puffer fish, generally notorious for aggressively biting with its front teeth and also being toxic, with few of them being one of the most poisonous vertebrae. This chap, along with other one, seemed to be caught by some fishermen, who just abandoned them on the rocky shore after playing with it as a bouncing ball. Some kids had moved them into a small water lock along the shore, where these beauties seemed to be taking some time off and giving us an opportunity to frame them.

EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 100mm macro
F/18
Shutterspeed 1/160
ISO 800
Handheld, External flash fired

Mrudul Godbole
02-02-2018, 05:42 PM
Nice to see this species. It didn't bite the fishermen playing with it :)? Seems it was quite close. How big is it? Thanks for sharing.

Roshni Patel
03-02-2018, 10:33 AM
Glad!
Came to see as well as know for such species. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-03-2018, 07:47 PM
Very interesting. I was initially surprised by the photo as one can't expect to see puffer fish in a beach walk. Do you have a wider shot? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prajwal J Ullal
20-03-2018, 12:46 PM
I couldnt get a good shot from DSLR as I was carrying only the macro lens, though have a few mobile clicks of it, in wider frame