PDA

View Full Version : Venturing out

Prajwal J Ullal
01-02-2018, 10:19 PM
ID: Hermit crab

One of the many tiny beauties along the rocky shore, this unique beauty kept us waiting for a long time to venture out of the protective shell, probably of some other creature. Unfortunately for us, the crawler was too cautious about its surrounding, and propped out step by step to check any form of motion or sound. It seemed too sensitive to sound and at times, the moment it heard the click of the shutter or the firing of the flash, it would get back in to the depth of the shell. Here is one more such instance of it almost coming out, only to head back in the very next moment. This surely tested our patience, especially under the bright sun and the rising tide.

EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 100 m macro
F/18
Shutterspeed 1/125
ISO 800
Rested on the rock, External flash fired

Mrudul Godbole
02-02-2018, 02:36 PM
Liked the composition and the textures on the shell. Good you got it in the right moment. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
18-02-2018, 11:06 PM
Lovely scene. I am yet to shoot this creature. Hopefully one day. What was your working distance for this shot? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roshni Patel
19-02-2018, 10:02 AM
Very well captured. I liked it!

Prajwal J Ullal
20-02-2018, 10:08 PM
I believe it was around 30cms away(from the front element of the lens), we had 3 of these shells(of hermit crabs) along the same rock, so we kept on hopping from one position/focusing point, to other

Disha Parchani
21-02-2018, 09:30 AM
Very nicely captured shot.