PDA

View Full Version : Dooars in late winter

Samrat Sarkar
06-02-2018, 02:50 PM
Photographed this image in a forest village near Murti river, lower Neora range, Kalimpong, WB... I have started visiting again some lesser-known places of Eastern Himalaya. This time Lower Ghumtigaon Basti of Dooars....a village where hornbills fly....

Olympus OMD EM1 + Zuiko 12-40 Pro
ISO 400, 1/160, f 5.6 EC +0.3, Monochrome done in PS5, full frame

Mrudul Godbole
07-02-2018, 09:56 AM
I liked the monochrome composition, gives the image a kind of yesteryear feel. Are these ladies working in tea estates or going to collect something? How is the birding there? Look forward to see more from this amazing place. Thanks for sharing.

Samrat Sarkar
08-02-2018, 10:25 AM
Dear Mrudul ji
Thanks for your complement..These women were going to collect fire wood from forest. they often use the same bucket they use in tea garden. they also work in tea garden. birding experience was awesome in that village...beyond my expectation... I'll try to share that experience in my series named "My journey to some remote village in Easter Himalaya" in wilderness update. this was my first visit to Darjeeling area after one year long unrest situation.

Samrat

Roshni Patel
08-02-2018, 11:36 AM
Very well captured. Good going :)

Subhash Shrivastava
08-02-2018, 11:22 PM
Excellent peek into the place. You may also post some pointers regarding the stay options etc.

Saktipada Panigrahi
09-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Nice to see you back in action, Samrat bhai. Enjoying nice feel of the lovely image. Neora vally has been revealing unknown treasure during last one year. I think, due to large presence of army, poachers' activity has almost ceased. Sighting of tiger, clouded leopard, gaur, black bear has been reported/documented. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild