PDA

View Full Version : Serpent Eagle - Disabled or Injured???

Praveen Siddannavar
09-09-2009, 01:53 PM
I shot this at Bandipur couple of weeks ago, if you observe its limbs it has only one and other is either injured or disabled by birth. Expert comments needed.

Canon EOS 40D, Canon IS 100-400mm
Sutter Speed - 1/1000
Av - 5.6
ISO Speed -400

Mrudul Godbole
09-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Nice image. I think it is injured. You can crop a bit from left for composition. The details on the lower part of the tail are lost, you can try to recover them.

Keep posting..

Sabyasachi Patra
10-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Praveen,
At the moment there is more space at the left and the bird is looking at the right. Normally more space in the direction the subject is looking makes for a better image. So a crop from the left as Mrudul has suggested, would be better. For further info on this please check this link:
http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84

Some more space at the top would be good as well.

Rajeev Mathew
10-09-2009, 03:31 PM
The bird is not injured. Many sit / stand on one leg. Wading birds, and ducks do this too. Wonder why.

Praveen Siddannavar
10-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Rajeev zoom the limb that i mentioned as injured it is smashed and is imoveable. i have another picture of Serpent Eagle and it is fine bird is resting on 2 legs.

Bibhav Behera
10-09-2009, 07:50 PM
the limb could have been injured in a fight... good bird... One of the first birds which i had got full frame with a 135mm :D
extremely cooperative beauties...

Rajeev Mathew
15-09-2009, 03:44 PM
I still maintain it is not injured. I have kept bonelli's, booted, shaheen and many more confisticated from the illegal trade, therefore I know of injuries. And the picture most importantly shows no injury or deformity.

Cheers,
Rajeev M.