PDA

View Full Version : Sloth Bear visiting The Temple..

Jerin Dinesh
10-06-2018, 02:51 PM
A different sighting ,A sloth bear visiting a temple located inside safari zone at Bandipur ...It went inside the temple and was like searching for something.After few minutes the bear came out and vanished bushes ...
Canon 7d MII with tamron 150-600mm

ISO 2000.1/320,F5 ON 150mm hand held...

Mrudul Godbole
12-06-2018, 11:53 AM
I remember this temple inside the forest in Bandipur. It seems recently they have painted it. Looks so colourful :). Please check the AF point, I think it is locked on the temple, as the bear doesn't appear to be sharp. As you have used a wide angle to show the temple, a bit more space at the top to include the animal statues in full, would have been good.

The bear might be aware that there are food offerings (Prasad, fruits) in the temple, so would have gone to check :). Nice sighting. Thanks for sharing.

Deepak Mistry
13-06-2018, 05:25 PM
I think this was a hastily taken shot just before the bear left. Hence he wouldn't have had the time

Roshni Patel
14-06-2018, 10:22 AM
As per my suggestion, capturing the image including the upper angle in focus would make it look more beautiful

Sabyasachi Patra
16-06-2018, 05:12 AM
Great to see a bear near the temple. On some days there is a big crowd in this place. How far were you? Is this a crop image?

Murugan Anantharaman
05-10-2018, 04:47 AM
Very interesting documentation, Jerin. Reminds me of Alam Bux's black bear which used to maul people that Ken Anderson put down. Only difference is, in the story it takes up residence near a dargah and here there's a temple. If only all humans were secular too.. thanks for sharing.