PDA

View Full Version : Elephant Digging @ Salt Pit - Bandipur

Praveen Siddannavar
11-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Shot this at Bandipur couple of weeks ago, its amazing to see that Elephant digging for salt and the sound of it could be heard so clearly.

Canon EOS 40D, 100-400mm
Tv - 1/160,Av -5, ISO - 800 Focal Length 235mm

Mrudul Godbole
11-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Interesting behaviour. You can crop the portion behind the tree on the right. Some more space on the left would have added to the composition further. Nice action captured.

Sabyasachi too posted a similar image few days back, taken in Bandipur.

Bibhav Behera
11-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Wonder if you and Sabyasachi were around in the park at the same time :)
good capture. I would have avoided the tree on the right and composed with more space on the left...

Sabyasachi Patra
11-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Wow! Its the same elephant, same day and same time. The right side tree doesn't bother me so much. Ofcourse it would be good if the space between the right side tree and the right frame were not there. I am more bothered by the dead branch on the lower left corner.

I guess you guys may have seen us. I was driving a green Safari. You were closer to the elephant. It was nice watching this elephant.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
11-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks, homestly i did not do any editing except to reduce the size. I will take all your suggestions and edit it. Good to know you were there on the same day. Normally where do guys stay at Bandipur JLR or any other property?

Praveen Siddannavar
11-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Gentlemen - Ihave tried and edited as per your suggestions, let me know if this is ok

Sabyasachi Patra
11-09-2009, 09:38 PM
This version looks tight as there is hardly any space at the bottom. I understand that you were trying to crop the dead branch at the left. However, it doesn't work. It would have been better if you would have avoided the dead branch while photographing by moving your vehicle. It is better to get it right in the field. So uploading my version of cropping.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi