PDA

View Full Version : Koklass male in his pristine habitat

Sandipan Ghosh
31-07-2018, 01:02 PM
The Gorgeous Jewel is roaming fearlessly in the peaceful green habitat of dense Himalayan forest.
Koklass Pheasant is a medium-sized elusive bird confined to high altitude forests of Western Himalayas. They are one of the few galliforms that regularly fly uphill and are capable of sustained flights of many miles.
Place - Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary, Chopta, Uttarakhand
Date -
Canon 7D M II, Sigma 150-600 mm
600 mm, f/6.3, 1/400s, iso 6400

Mrudul Godbole
31-07-2018, 06:53 PM
Lucky that you could sight and photograph this rare species. How long was the sighting? Nice eye contact and pose. How long were you at Chopta? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
31-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Lovely. Nice to see this one. Good that you got a clear view of the body. Eye contact is fine. Did you click a vertical? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sandipan Ghosh
31-07-2018, 09:36 PM
Lucky that you could sight and photograph this rare species. How long was the sighting? Nice eye contact and pose. How long were you at Chopta? Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the comment....I visited the place in the mid of March, 2018 for 4 nights. The sighting was excellent. I have clicked that male Koklass for one and half hours...

Sandipan Ghosh
31-07-2018, 09:37 PM
Lovely. Nice to see this one. Good that you got a clear view of the body. Eye contact is fine. Did you click a vertical? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Thanks for the observation.....there are other clear shots also. No sir I did not click vertical frame.

Jitendra Katre
06-08-2018, 09:06 AM
Wow, great sighting. I tried for it in my Sattal trip this May, but I was not lucky to find one.

Sandipan Ghosh
08-08-2018, 09:27 PM
Wow, great sighting. I tried for it in my Sattal trip this May, but I was not lucky to find one.

yes it is also found in the Pangot area.....thanks for the observation

Joydip Mukherjee
12-10-2018, 04:49 PM
great sighting ... lovely capture ... TFS