PDA

View Full Version : The peeping beauty

Prajwal J Ullal
31-07-2018, 09:58 PM
ID: Tree frog

Came across this beautiful specimen along the initial phase of the trail, wonderfully spotted by my colleague, this beauty had perched itself inside the dense grass and kept on looking around, not sure if on a look out for prey or just a way to pass through the greenery. It hardly moved much until it just hopped off getting disappearing in the moist green foliage.
The frame was captured to highlight delicate build of the beauty

EXIF:
Canon 80D
Canon 100mm macro
F/14
Shutterspeed 1/125
ISO 400

Mrudul Godbole
02-08-2018, 06:48 PM
Lovely. I liked the way leaves are matching the green inside of the frog. Also agree how delicately it is perched on the leaves. Nice spotting and nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
02-08-2018, 09:54 PM
Tough scene to capture as it is against the light. If you would have moved more to your right to ensure that the light is more from below the frog then perhaps it would have been even better. The depth of field is shallow as is expected at such close distances. In the present composition I would have wanted more critical focus on the body of the frog especially the bright parts like the limbs as those areas give us the impression about the focus or lack of it. How much of a crop is this? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prajwal J Ullal
07-08-2018, 09:59 PM
Had slightly cropped it, probably jusy 7-8% reduction