PDA

View Full Version : Monsoon Mayhem

Shyamala Kumar
28-08-2018, 10:18 PM
On the Ooty road which cuts through the forests of Bandipur a herd of elephants reflect the undercurrents which exists in any vibrant family hierarchy. Nikon D750+70-200,ISO250 , FL70mm F/4.5 1/640sec .June evening 2018.

Saktipada Panigrahi
29-08-2018, 04:31 PM
Rejuvenated forest, lush green all-around; three tuskers in their prime, younger females and new born calf...healthy herd full of joy... are reflective of a very pleasing scenario. Moods of the jungle and the elephant herd nicely captured. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
30-08-2018, 11:15 AM
Nice scene. The elephants seem to be relaxed.

It is an elephant corridor. So one can often sight elephants. Many resorts have been declared illegal in that area and closed. Before the resort boom, I used to stay in a small place and have enjoyed the sight of elephants in the stream. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
30-08-2018, 07:06 PM
Maybe the family was about to cross the road. Normally elephants crossing the road becomes a problem, as cars don't stop, and people honk or try to overtake or take photographs. Its good to see that they seem relaxed.

The young calf is well protected between the two elder females. The tuskers have got beautiful tusks. The wider composition looks great to display the habitat and also show the behavior of all the members. Thanks for sharing.

Roshni Patel
01-09-2018, 09:54 AM
Very nice scene!

Murugan Anantharaman
03-10-2018, 07:09 AM
The herd seems to be having fun. Lot of activities happening, its quite amazing to see elephant behavior. I have been fortunate to observe them in different geographies and recently got an opportunity to observe the pygmy elephants in Borneo. I felt Indian elephants are more playful :)... thanks for sharing.

Subhash Shrivastava
06-10-2018, 11:22 PM
So many Tuskers busy among themselves. Then a few matriarchs with a cutie. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Dheerendra Singh
07-10-2018, 07:18 AM
Lovely composition