PDA

View Full Version : Permission of forest department for wildlife photography

Shashikant Behar
04-09-2018, 06:11 PM
Hello everyone, i am Shashikant Behar from Kamptee Maharashtra. i am hobbyist wildlife photographer want to know it is mandatory to take wildlife photography(on individual level with still camera+tripod to take still images and shoot video) permission in the protected area of forest department. i find out it is and Maharashtra forest department charged for that around 4000/rs per day (for still camera) yes it is, it is not possible any hobbyist individual like me to pay 4000/rs per day, in this situation what can i do and how can keep my work continuous...... please help me regarding forest department permission and fees

Sabyasachi Patra
05-09-2018, 08:35 PM
Forest department is trying to create roadblocks. Anything professional and they want to make money. For documentary shooting it comes to close to 10k per day in bigger national parks.

So one needs to decide 1) if it is very important to shoot within the reserve forests. 2) If you are making money from it. If not, then no point. Just go as tourists.

There are tons of wildlife photos freely available in India. People are simply donating their photos for name. So professional wildlife photographers can't make money. So most of the wildlife photographers that you see are into tour organising to make money.

Shashikant Behar
06-09-2018, 09:32 AM
thanks sir for guiding me