PDA

View Full Version : Orange-bellied flowerpecker

Samrat Sarkar
17-09-2018, 12:35 PM
I have been doing some bird sketches for a bird book... sharing this sketch of the rarest flowerpecker of our country.. this bird is endemic to NE India.. habitat is Mangrove and edges of forest..

ID: Orange-bellied flowerpecker..
with Colour wood pencil...

If sketches are not allowed in this forum, Honourable moderator may delete this post...

Disha Parchani
18-09-2018, 10:56 AM
That's a good one I must say! Nice colors :)

Sabyasachi Patra
20-09-2018, 11:00 AM
I don't mind. If more members can show their wildlife sketches then we can create a separate section as well. The objective is to spread awareness. If kids & adults can sketch birds, animals and other wildlife and upload then it may even help spread more awareness about the perilous state of our wildlife. Not eveybody has a camera or access to wildlife. Even finding bugs and butterflies are tough these days as we are living in an increasingly concretised world. So if there are other painters and artists then we can encourage them as well.

And if you are drawing inspiration from any image, then you can post the link of that image as well, so that we can compare.

Samrat Sarkar
22-09-2018, 09:55 PM
Thanks Sabyasachi da for allowing me to upload bird sketches... Yes, I'll share the link/ name of photographer...etc for reference image in future. I have done this painting from various images of that bird obtained from internet. It will be great if we can create a separate section for wildlife paintings... waiting for that...

@ Disha ji, thanks for your appreciation..

Samrat