PDA

View Full Version : Tiger on the Fireline

Shyamala Kumar
24-09-2018, 09:10 PM
April 2018, Bandipur Nikon D850+70-200+1.4 x ISO2000 F/5.6 1/60s . This Tigress had just come out of a brackish pool as is apparent from the mud covering her lower body . As usual it was practically dark when we saw her .All the time that she walked the fire line she kept calling out to her three cubs which unfortunately for us never made an appearance. I had forgotten to raise the ISO in keeping with the fast growing darkness in the forests...

Neeraj Prasad
24-09-2018, 11:25 PM
Despite the low shutter, the image appears sharp. The coat provides nice contrast to an almost B/W image.. Nice Pic!

Mrudul Godbole
25-09-2018, 11:38 AM
I loved the composition. Especially the small plant infront of the tigress stands out against the burnt background. Lovely pose and nice eye contact. I hope she found her cubs :-!. Agree increasing the ISO would have helped to use a narrower aperture and higher shutter speed. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-10-2018, 08:58 AM
Though the bushes were burnt by man, the green plant shows that life springs up from the ashes if nature is given a free hand. The lantana infestations have resulted in loss of native species. So there is a need for uprooting and repeated burning. Simple burning will not help.

Nice sighting. I agree that a higher shutter speed would have helped in getting a sharper picture. The sight of a tiger gets everyone excited and people move a lot in the vehicle. So it becomes a bit difficult in low light. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Murugan Anantharaman
03-10-2018, 06:25 AM
Very nice picture of the tiger fresh out of the mud pool, Shyamalaji. There’s so much to be learnt from nature, the tiger is a classic example of beauty even when its coat is smeared in mud. Its the character that make the tiger what it is. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
04-10-2018, 10:54 AM
Superb. Cool and natural.
Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild