PDA

View Full Version : Green Bee Eater.

Deepak Mistry
05-10-2018, 12:42 AM
Nikon D7200, 150-600 mm, ISO-400, f/6.3, 1/1000 sec

I could capture several good photos of this specimen from a relatively close distance. It was very tolerant of me.

Saktipada Panigrahi
06-10-2018, 09:47 AM
Nice image. Nice eye contact. Colours have come out well. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
08-10-2018, 10:56 AM
I have normally seen that the bee-eaters normally keep flying back to the same perch, so Deepak as you have said, if you are waiting patiently you can get some good images. Liked the calling pose. Good eye contact. There is slight hint of something on the top right corner, maybe you can crop just a bit. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
08-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Lovely calling pose of the green bee eater, the eyes look nice. Its fairly common in and around Mumbai, when I used to live in Mulund and Airoli, I used to see them near my house practically everyday. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-10-2018, 11:25 AM
When you are pointing the lens at the sky, the camera automatically senses more bright areas in the scene and reduces the exposure. So a bit +ive exposure compensation is needed. I feel a bit more sharpness would have been better. Generally breathing out and then clicking helps as it relaxes the body.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Deepak Mistry
13-10-2018, 08:28 AM
Thanks everyone.
@Sabyasachi- I did exercise that technique and used a tripod for this shot. The slight crop to remove unwanted distractions may have reduced the details slightly. I'll keep in mind about the EV. Thanks again.