PDA

View Full Version : The eyes off the swamp

Prajwal J Ullal
09-10-2018, 08:18 PM
Usually seen in the puddle of water with its eyes popping out, this beauty was also spotted in a similar manner, but suddenly it hopped off and disappeared, only to be seen a few inches away on the edge of the puddle, outside of water. The texture of the body blended very well with the surroundings, making it even more difficult to spot. A good example of camouflage suiting the weather and the surroundings

EXIF:
Canon 80D
Canon 100mm macro
F/8
Shutterspeed 1/100
ISO 200
Handheld, No flash fired

Sabyasachi Patra
10-10-2018, 10:53 AM
The image gives an impression of a waterfall and the frog looking at it. More depth of field would have been better. I would have loved to see it turning around and facing us. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
18-10-2018, 02:06 PM
Loved the small ripples in the water. Agree with Sabyasachi, some eye contact would have strengthened the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
23-10-2018, 04:51 AM
Lovely picture of the frog in water, Prajwal. At this angle the frog almost looks like a mud skipper, for a moment I thought so too until I read the other comments and noticed the hind legs. The water ripples adds to the image and brings its own value, neat symmetrical and complimenting. The 2 bobbing eyes keeping a look out for food and also watching out for predators are neatly showcased in this image. I actually like the frog looking away which keeps us guessing where the eyes are locked at and adds to the element of uncertainty, its almost like it hasn't noticed your presence and is busy on its own. Thanks for sharing

Prajwal J Ullal
23-10-2018, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the appreciation, glad you like the Photograph :)
I wanted to get the other/ slightly angles view, but the space constraint held me back., couldnt manage so low angle from the other sides