PDA

View Full Version : The Descent

Shyamala Kumar
20-10-2018, 02:30 PM
This little mother made a dash to get down from the tree on which she was resting, the very second we spotted her, all the time she managing to keep an eye on us .Her extra cautious behaviour was because her cub was lurking below .We only realised this when we saw both of them disappearing into the darkness of the shrubbery . This was the only image I was able to capture. Nikon850 +150-600 F/8 ,1/125s, ISO3200 ,June2018, Kabini, very late in the evening as usual it was practically dark .

Saktipada Panigrahi
20-10-2018, 07:49 PM
Inquisitive look. The size of leopard varies so much! Nice take. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
21-10-2018, 07:55 PM
Lovely picture of the curious leopard, Shyamalaji. There is sufficient space for guess work between its head and tail, the picture brings in a nice perspective. The tree trunk looks a bit greener than usual, not sure if the saturation is slightly high or its natural. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
22-10-2018, 10:28 AM
The face looks so different. I am not able to find an appropriate word to describe its expression. Trying to save offspring from intruders she is remaining cautious. I think the colour may be due to higher contrast and saturation.

Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
23-10-2018, 11:05 AM
You captured the right moment. Shows the motherly instinct. She is checking who the intruders are and trying to take action accordingly. Agree with Saktida, she seems to be rather small in size. Wish the light was better. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
23-10-2018, 09:18 PM
লাজে, ভয়ে, ত্রাসে, আধো বিশ্বাসে...
How could I describe this expression ? I have been thinking over it ......
Quoting from one of Rabindranath Tagore's immortal songs ---

An expression arising out of mixed feeling of ---
'shyness, fear, apprehension and half-trust '...

tfs
SaktiWild

Shyamala Kumar
23-10-2018, 10:02 PM
লাজে, ভয়ে, ত্রাসে, আধো বিশ্বাসে...
How could I describe this expression ? I have been thinking over it ......
Quoting from one of Rabindranath Tagore's immortal songs ---

An expression arising out of mixed feeling of ---
'shyness, fear, apprehension and half-trust '...

tfs
SaktiWild

Saktipadaji you have immortalised my image :001_smile:

V S Sankar
04-11-2018, 08:24 PM
At first sight I thought this is the cub!Very difficult to capture Leopards on trees as the lighting can be tricky.Very good pic.

Regards

V S Sankar