PDA

View Full Version : White Bellied Woodpecker

Murugan Anantharaman
23-10-2018, 04:40 AM
This is an image from my archives, pictured sometime in 2014 at Nagarhole. This is more of a record image of one of the largest woodpecker species in India and I was lucky to spot the noisy couple. Looks like they had an argument and it seemed the fork of the tree was bone of contention :). They both stuck to their part of the tree circling it and hammering it with their powerful beaks. They did make quite a din, not sure who won the argument but we moved on after a while.

Nikon D7k, f/8, SS 1/320, ISO 800,ec +.3, 420mm (300f4+1.4xTC). Cropped quite a bit.

Mrudul Godbole
23-10-2018, 11:13 AM
Nice you got both of them in the frame. Its good that the horizontal branch in the foreground is not blocking their eyes. I liked your interpretation of the image :). Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
23-10-2018, 11:17 PM
Nice composition. Nice eye contact. Are they both males ? Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
08-11-2018, 08:35 PM
Nice perspective. Your statement reminds me of childhood days where we used to be curious about everything.

We don't have the benefit of understanding bird communication. Not everything would have been music to our ears. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi