PDA

View Full Version : The glory of the forest

Prajwal J Ullal
18-11-2018, 10:16 PM
ID: Clear winged forest glory

One of the most beautiful specimen of a damselfly, almost similar to the stream glory, especially the mammoth-ish size, there seemed to be several of these beauties fluttering around the particular patch of the trail. Though super swift in flight and hyper-sensitive to any motion or noise around it, framing these beauties was a tough task. especially with the macro set up that we were on. Eventually though had to shift to the zoom lens set up, thanks to my colleague (Anil Kumar Verma) for lending his precious equipment, leading to get this frame. A narrow ray of sun light penetrated through the dense foliage and landed on the frontal portion of the beauty, adding in some drama to the beauty

EXIF:
Canon 80D
Tamron 100-400 di VC
F/6.3
Shutterspeed 1/100
ISO 640
Handheld, no flash fired

Mrudul Godbole
20-11-2018, 11:12 AM
Liked the composition. The filtering rays on the face look nice. I think a narrower aperture and higher shutter speed would have helped to get more details (in the head part) and enhanced the composition further. Good to know you and Anilji are photographing together :). Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
20-11-2018, 12:49 PM
Looks a bit soft to me. Generally it is a good idea to exhale and then click when shooting with a long lens. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi