PDA

View Full Version : Oriental Pied Horn-bill of Haridwar

Anil Kumar Verma
28-11-2018, 09:23 PM
Dear Friends,

It was a morning safari in Jhilmil Jheel track of Rajaji National Park during Diwali holidays. While we were busy capturing Chitals , a pair of Pied Horn Bill perched itself on a tree nearby. This tree, as you can see, was full of berries. Some ripe , while others semi-ripe or fully ripe.

The couple gave us a nice view while enjoying these berries. Female was in open whilst male was hidden in the tree. Got some shots & sharing one of it.

EXIF : Canon 550D, Tamron 100-400mm, FL : 400mm, f/11, Tv : 1/500, ISO 1000, 50% Crop, PP in LR 5.7

Hope you like & enjoy it.

Regards/ Anil Kumar Verma

Murugan Anantharaman
29-11-2018, 07:31 AM
Pied hornbills are one of the most common species of hornbills found in the south asian region. I have seen them in quite a few countries in this part of the world where I live. The habitat along with its culinary interests are well documented in this picture, Vermaji. How many of the hornbills did you sight?? I remember once when in Corbett N.P. we managed to sight atleast 20-30 pied horn bills together, quite a sight to see. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
30-11-2018, 12:00 PM
Nice you got it with the berry and in good light. Liked the composition and the eye contact. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
30-11-2018, 08:18 PM
Nice sighting. Once they were sighted in huge numbers. Today it is tough to sight them. Corbett is also a good place to sight them, though generally from a distance. Once before dawn I had seen them in huge numbers roosting in a tree. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Disha Parchani
01-12-2018, 09:50 AM
A perfect shot. The clarity of the image is awesome.