PDA

View Full Version : Brown-cheeked Fulvetta

Abhishek Jamalabad
05-12-2018, 03:30 PM
Hi all, posting after being absent without leave for a very long time, migrating between places and work. Hoping to be regular again on the forums!

Here is a Brown-cheeked Fulvetta, from my balcony in Goa where I'm now based. A fairly common bird from wooded hills throughout the country, but far more often heard than seen up close. I got to know of the presence of this species here after I heard a Magpie Robin imitating the call. A few days later, the fulvettas made a nice appearance.

Canon 760 D, Canon 100-400mm L IS USM
SS 1/200
Av 6.3
ISO 1600
Moderate crop

May 2018, Porvorim, Goa.

Mrudul Godbole
07-12-2018, 10:57 AM
Nice balancing act captured. This shows how light it is, balancing on such a small twig. Good eye contact. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-12-2018, 02:23 PM
Lovely. Its perch shows how delicate this cute beauty is. Tough to shoot through vegetation cover and that often softens our image. The eye contact is nice. Good to know this is result of balcony birding. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Murugan Anantharaman
22-12-2018, 07:16 AM
Balcony birding reminds me of my mumbai days. The bird seems to be doing some push ups, probably got the fitness bug ;). Thanks for sharing.