PDA

View Full Version : Ludlow's Fulvetta

Abhishek Jamalabad
14-12-2018, 04:41 PM
Ludlow's Fulvetta, a common, very energetic bird in mixed flocks in the Himalayas of Arunachal Pradesh.

Like most fulvettas, in spite of never sitting still, this species is extremely inquisitive of humans. Once you spend a morning observing their favourite bushes and schedules, it is very easy to get close to them. The only possible challenge with photographing these birds is to deal with the often-poor light in these regions (which is the case with this image).

Canon 760D, Canon 100-400mm L IS USM
SS 1/250
Av 5.6
ISO 3200
EC -0.3
Usual light adjustments in Lightroom
Minor crop

Sabyasachi Patra
15-12-2018, 12:52 PM
Such a sweet looking bird. At least now the camera technology has come up so that you could get the shot. The 100-400 is a handy lens in many situations, especially when you are on a trek and in mountains. What time did you click this? Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sandipan Ghosh
16-12-2018, 12:30 PM
Excellent find and shot....

Mrudul Godbole
17-12-2018, 11:01 AM
Cute bird. Nice perch and loved the eye contact. The colours blend in well with the background. Nice capture. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
21-12-2018, 03:46 PM
Thanks all.
Sabyasachi - Maybe around 8 am... But on the shadow side of the valley, so in low light. This bird is up and about even in the coldest weather... even when it is snowing heavily. :)

Murugan Anantharaman
22-12-2018, 07:25 AM
Like the image of this bird, Abhishek. I have been wanting to go to Arunachal for a while now, especially after my cousins went to Pakke reserve and I couldn't join them last year. The birding I heard and saw some pics as well, is simply superb. Do post more pictures of birds photographed in Arunachal. Thanks for sharing.