PDA

View Full Version : Vigor's Sunbird

Abhishek Jamalabad
21-12-2018, 03:30 PM
Another backyard visitor at my place in Goa.

Photographed in light rain. Although overcast conditions are always a challenge in terms of good shutterspeeds, they work like a blessing when you don't have the flexibility of positioning yourself for the best light. With decent high-ISO performance even from entry-level cameras these days, there are many situations where I actually prefer smooth (so-called 'poor' :) ) lighting of this kind. In direct sunlight, even at a good angle, this same scene from my balcony will produce a really harsh dappled background.

Vigor's sunbird is the only one of the Aethopyga sunbirds found as far as the Western Ghats, and was split some years ago from the Crimson Sunbird (which is now the Eastern/Himalayan sister species).

Canon 760D, Canon 100-400mm L IS USM
SS 1/250
Av 5.6
ISO 1600
Hand-held
Moderate crop

Jitendra Katre
21-12-2018, 07:12 PM
What a wonderful bird...

Murugan Anantharaman
22-12-2018, 07:35 AM
Lovely species of sunbird captured, Abhishek. I have not seen this in the wild yet, closest is the crimson version. The angle of the image makes it look like it has only one leg (the other folded hopefully), unless it really has lost one. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
23-12-2018, 12:12 PM
What a cute bird! ISO 1600 was unthinkable several years ago. I was recently checking some of my shots clicked at ISO 100 and ISO 200. These days people can't even imagine getting a sharp shot at low shutter speeds at such low ISOs. The advancement of technology has resulted in us getting better images. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Deepak Mistry
23-12-2018, 06:40 PM
What a beautiful bird !

Joydip Mukherjee
10-01-2019, 05:14 PM
excellent capture with lovely details .... thanks for sharing .